RE: Case Caption
This will confirm that Law Firm. ("Counsel"), on behalf of Client Name ("Client"), has retained Trade Investment Analysis Group ("Company") to provide expert consulting services in the above-captioned matter.
Please forward a retainer in the amount of Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000). The retainer will be credited against the time billed by this firm. If the total hourly billings do not reach $5,000, all unused funds will be refunded to you upon notification of case completion. It is probable that services rendered on this matter will exceed the $5,000 retainer. Amounts billed in excess of the retainer fees on deposit will be due upon receipt of an invoice.
Company will provide consulting expert services to Counsel as they request and direct. Company will bill for services on a monthly basis. Company's billing statements shall be paid within thirty (30) days of the statement date. Company's fees will be paid in full regardless of the opinions rendered or the outcome of this litigation or the consulting assignment at issue. __________________ shall be solely and exclusively responsible for the payment of any amounts due to Company pursuant to this engagement. All invoices will be directed to the attention of Counsel.
Fees for services rendered will be billed monthly as follows:
- $425 per hour for services rendered by Ross Tulman
- $400 per hour for services rendered by Stanley Meyerson.
- $400 per hour for services rendred by Peter Bulger.
- $165 per hour for services rendered by all other staff
- Expenses will be reimbursed at actual cost (including, but not limited to airfare, hotel, mileage, copy charges, facsimile charges and Federal Express, mailing). Company will have discretion in purchasing tickets for air travel. In most instances the lowest available refundable ticket for a common route offered by a major carrier will be purchased. Should Company elect to purchase a discounted non-refundable ticket, all change fees for re-routing/cancellations will be invoiced in addition to the fare.
- A minimum of 1/2 day (4 hours) will be charged for any day spent away from the office for travel, out-of-town meeting, trial, deposition, arbitration hearing session or similar.
- An interest charge of one percent per month will be added to all invoiced amounts that have not been paid within 30 days.
- Company reserves the right to cease work and/or withdraw from any matter with an unpaid balance over 45 days. File materials will not be returned until full payment has been received.
Stanley Meyerson, is a licensed attorney. Company, including Stanley Meyerson, is being retained solely in an expert capacity. Company is not a law firm. No legal representation will be provided by Company or any of Company's employees or agents. Opinions offered by Company are not to be construed as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is being created between anyone at Company and Client. There may be instances where Company has been retained by a party adverse to Client concerning an unrelated matter. In such situations, the individual expert(s) servicing each Client will work independently from other Company experts. A non-communication protocol will be in effect between those experts to prevent information obtained in one case from being disseminated to the expert on the other case.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules or by FINRA, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any dispute involving less than $10,000 shall be resolved by the submission of documents. The award of the arbitrator may include the costs associated with the American Arbitration Association proceeding. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio. All Arbitration hearing sessions shall held in Columbus, Ohio.
All work product will remain confidential. Any documents reviewed by Company will be returned to Counsel upon written request. One month following the arbitration or notice of a settlement, Company may destroy all files remaining in their possession related to this matter.
Trade Investment Analysis Group